St Boniface RC Pupil Premium 2020 – 2021
We ensure that teaching and learning opportunities meet the needs of all of the pupils.
We ensure that appropriate provision is made for pupils who belong to vulnerable groups, this includes ensuring that the needs of socially disadvantaged pupils are adequately assessed and addressed.
In making provision for socially disadvantaged pupils, we recognise that not all pupils who receive free school meals will be socially disadvantaged.
We also recognise that not all pupils who are socially disadvantaged are registered or qualify for free school meals. We will allocate the Pupil Premium funding to support any pupil or group of pupils the school has legitimately identified as being socially disadvantaged. A significant portion of any group will be made up of free school meals children.
Pupil premium funding will be allocated following on a rolling programme which will be reviewed termly after identifying priority classes, groups or individuals. Limited funding and resources means that not all children receiving free school meals will be in receipt of pupil premium interventions at any one time.
The range of provision which impacts on progress for pupil premium pupils may include:
* At KS2 being able to split 3 classes into 4 groups for either maths or English (reducing class size for core subjects)
* Providing small group work with an experienced teacher or learning mentor
* 1:1 support/challenge
* Additional learning support in KS1 and EY to provide intervention groups or 1:1
* After school clubs (enrichment opportunities)
* Trips, including residential trips (cultural capital)
* Intervention for pupils with SEND
* Other opportunities that facilitate pupils accessing the curriculum or were felt to enrich their experience in school or in the wider world as research is showing that this lack of experience is the key driving factor behind the gap widening
Pupil Premium funding figures 2020 2021